TK's take on the Gold Coast Titans:
- The best recruitment drive since the start of the club. The addition of genuine superstars in Fifita and Tino will add to the clubs push on and off the field. Tino was one of the most improved fantasy players. Round 1-10 he averaged 35 points from 39 minutes and Round 11-20 he averaged 54 points from 54 minutes so if he starts playing 50-60 minutes consistently at the Titans he could be the most well priced backrower for 2021.
- A great young coach in Justin Holbrook who has significantly added stability to the club and is starting to get the best out of Ash Taylor.
- Depth in the forwards, outside backs and halves.
- The lack of a genuine super star no 9. Rein will do a solid job but will there be a huge announcement soon where they capture Brandon Smith or Cameron Smith? Is the difference between finishing 7th or 8th and 3rd or 4th.
- Consistency of the spine. 2020 showed the potential of young stars Brimson, Fogarty and finally Ash Taylor began to see some great performances in the back end of the season. Brimson again went under the knife after injury in Origin 1 and the Titans will need him to play a full season if they are to threaten the top 8 in 2021. Brimson will probably lose his dual position given he played all games at fullback.
- Centre depth. Plenty of players of ability in Kelly, Herbert, Spry and Marzhaw but one have really shown to be proven fantasy performers. Kelly showed promise and had a huge game against the Knights in the final rounds scoring 64 points but he needs to find consistency to be a POD in 2021. Tyrone Peachey could squeeze into the centres if need be.
- So much competition for spots across the park should see some good performances from their top line players. Their depth is so strong even a fan favourite like Anthony Don may be left out of their strongest 17.
- Return to form of players such as Jarrod Wallace and Tyrone Peachey. In a draft league both could be handy acquisitions towards the back end of a draft.
VERDICT - Finals bound. Can see the team finishing between 5th and 8th and if they add one of the Smith's as hooker will push hard for the top 4. Great depth across the park only concern is consistency amongst their centres. Should be an entertaining team to watch all season.
How do you see the Titans going in 2021?